Date(s) - Friday, October 12, 2018 - Sunday, October 14, 2018
We have spaces still on hold at Quality Inn Bracebridge (Phone: 1-705-645-8775) until September 18th. Other facilities in the area may also have space available. BUT, this is a very busy time in Muskoka so book your room as soon as possible. Advise John Weatherburn firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed your booking.
Helen Grose, resident Muskoka photographer and speaker at our Club in 2017, has been instrumental in the planning for this outing. She will be present at our get-together on Friday evening to discuss those plans and will be present once again at an optional Algonquin venture on Sunday morning. We will venture on our own to various sites she has identified on the Saturday.
Note: We will collect a $25 fee from all photo club participants attending this outing for Helen’s work in the scouting, planning and assembling of the information for our Saturday events.
- People can arrive whenever they are able and we will meet at a restaurant/pub in Bracebridge area in the evening (location to be determined)
- Helen Grose will prepare a list of places of interest that we will distribute to participants. Each location will include a sentence or two listing key features/descriptions. She will also provide a one-page handout including tips for photographing waterfalls that we will give to participants. Helen will also be present on the Friday evening to discuss the listed locations.
- If the weather looks great, people can choose to go to Torrance Barrens or Hardy Lake for sunrise on their own
- Group to meet for breakfast
- Venture as a group to the waterfalls (High Falls and if time Wilson Falls)
- Group will proceed to Kerr Park for nature walk
- Group to meet for lunch
- Group will go to Huckleberry Rock Lookout for sunset, evening (People can make their own dinner plans)
- Optional Algonquin tour with Helen (approx. 4 hours in length starting at sunrise) for a maximum of 10 people. Fee will range from $40 pp. if 10 participants to $80 pp. if only 5 participants. Helen will lead us to potential photo opportunities in Algonquin. The number of locations on the tour depends on a number of factors including the travel distance to a particular location; the pace of the group both in terms of hiking, as well as stopping for images; and, the interests of the group – wildlife versus landscapes. Participants may gain a better understanding of what to look for, as well as where, and some information specific to the animals we search for. (Note: this is not a workshop so there will be no photography instruction). Please contact John Weatherburn at email@example.com as soon as possible if you plan to attend. We need a commitment by Friday September 21.
- For others, Torrance Barrens or Hardy Lake will provide sunrise options
- Additional areas to explore on your own: Hardy Lake or Torrance Barrens in daytime, Bala (Cranberry Festival), Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh/Muskoka Lakes Winery, Arrowhead, Algonquin, Huntsville…