Date(s) - Friday, March 13, 2020 - Sunday, March 15, 2020
YMCA Camp Wanakita
Camp Wanakita is near Haliburton. Approximately 2 1/2 hours from north Toronto. Closer to the date, we can arrange ride sharing if required. We have had a couple of outings there before; but this will be the first winter one.
Things To Do
- Explore the lake, trails via walking/snow shoes/cross country skis, and attend winter events (TBD) in the Haliburton area.
- Skating on the lake is also possible.
- The camp will have staff on hand to arrange other activities.
- You can have a chance to capture the beauty and serenity of winter scenery and hopefully even some ‘reflection’ images for our Zakrison Themed Competition. And, as a bonus for those who attended last June’s camp – no mosquitos!!
- Night photography is certainly an option.
We would stay in the Bayer Den (it’s heated!) which provides private accommodation for couples and shared accommodation for others. There is a ‘living room’ for getting together. Other cabins can be also arranged if required.
Cost for Accommodation and Meals
- The cost is $230 per person (taxes included). This provides accommodation Friday and Saturday.
- It also includes snacks Friday evening, breakfast/lunch/dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
If you have not already notified John Weatherburn (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you wish to attend please sign up below. (if you have to cancel, not a problem)
Bookings have closed.